McCutcheon High School Gym Renovation
Davis & Associates served as the General Contractor for the gymnasium renovation at McCutcheon High School located in Lafayette, IN.
The renovations involved updates to the existing gymnasium space in which the existing wood floor was replaced with new graphics; added bleachers and light fixtures were replaced. The walls and ceiling were also painted.
Emmerich Manual High School
Located on the near south side of Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Public Schools’ Emmerich Manual High School built it’s educational pursuits on the school’s motto – “Education of Mind, Hand and Heart” – since its founding in 1895.
This renovation of an existing 345,300 square foot building required the school to remain occupied, which entailed the utilization of a well developed phasing plan to ensure the safety of students and staff.
The project’s scope consisted of a new HVAC system, electrical upgrades, sprinkler system installation, new science labs, computer classroom upgrades, new kitchen/cafeteria, and ADA upgrades.
Crispus Attucks Medical Magnet High School
Davis & Associates served as the Construction Manager on the existing Crispus Attucks Middle School. The school was renovated to accommodate the Medical Magnet School. The required renovations included new and renovated science lab, ADA upgrades, MEP renovation/replacement and security upgrades. The project also accommodated a partial window and roof replacement. The Owner required that the school be occupied during the construction project, therefore, a phasing plan was developed so the day-to-day operations at the school were not affected.
Crispus Attucks opened in 1927 as Indianapolis’ first all black high school. Now, the school is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The curriculum at Crispus Attucks is geared for those who are pursuing a career in the medical field.
Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center
The Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center is located on the Arsenal Technical High School campus. The high school is one of the largest public high schools in the State of Indiana. Established in 1912, the school consists of a 76-acre multiple-campus east of Downtown Indianapolis, and is the only such type school in Indiana. The school was originally a U.S. Civil War Arsenal, which was closed after the Spanish-American War.
As part of the Indianapolis 2012 Super Bowl bid, the plan included the creation of the The Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center. The Chase Near Eastside Legacy Center project was a community-driven venture to assist the near Eastside community with a better quality of life concept. The 2012 Super Bowl helped secure this revitalization project for the entire neighborhood.
The facility features a full-service fitness facility, state-of-the-art media studio, mobile computer lab, educational greenhouse and garden, instructional kitchen, and art studio.
Shortridge Magnet High School Gymnasium Addition
Shortridge High School opened in 1864, and is the oldest public high school in the State of Indiana. In 2013, a new 26,500 sf gymnasium addition was constructed.
The new gymnasium included precast wall panels with brick veneer, a connecting overhead walkway, an elevator, athletic wood flooring, two level retractable wood bleachers, coach offices, locker / shower rooms, training room, restrooms, ticket and concession areas.
Tindley Collegiate Academy
An extension of the Charles A. Tindley Accelerated School, the Tindley Collegiate Academy is an all-girls middle school designed to help young girls become successful scholars.
Davis & Associates served as the Construction Manager and General Contractor for this new, two-story 40,000 SF middle school, completed in two phases; Phase 1 (classrooms and administration) was completed in three (3) months to allow occupancy for 200 students while completing Phase 2 (cafeteria, multi-purpose and gymnasium).
Purdue University Mackey Arena
Renovation and addition of Purdue University’s Mackey Arena. A three level Student-Athlete Development Center that includes a sports medicine facility, strength and weight training facility, oversized basketball practice facility and the “Drew and Britney Brees Student Athlete Academic Center”.
Mackey underwent a significant facelift beyond the Student Development Center. Some of these changes included nearly doubling the concourse width, quadrupling concession space, premium seating, office space, coaches and players locker room upgrades and two club spaces.
Renovation encompassed phased work in eight different bid packages without interrupting sporting event schedules. Exterior site work included the relocation of the historic Grand Prix track, addition of two practice football fields, parking lots and landscaping.
The Turner/Davis joint venture team successfully increased D/M/WBE participation on the Mackey Arena project exceeding expectations and goals set by Purdue University.